Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

Hey Blubrry => Help Me Out => Topic started by: Adam Wood on October 22, 2018, 12:01:42 am

Title: iTunes validation: no explicit tag in your feed.....
Post by: Adam Wood on October 22, 2018, 12:01:42 am
Hi

I'm trying to submit a podcast to iTunes using the podcast channel option. When I try to validate the feed in iTunes Connect it keeps saying "Can’t submit your feed. There is no explicit tag in your feed, or the explicit tag is empty."

I have been to the Podcast Channels option in the WordPress admin area and have selected an option in the iTunes Explicit label. When I look at the feed myself I can see that it has <itunes:explicit>yes</itunes:explicit>, but it still keeps showing the error in iTunes Connect.

The feed address can be found here: https://musiclinkwa.com.au/feed/the-backstage-hangout/

I do have another podcast that I have successfully been able to submit to iTunes, but this was done before utilising podcast channels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Title: Re: iTunes validation: no explicit tag in your feed.....
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on October 22, 2018, 12:54:58 pm
The explicit tag is definitely there in your feed and set correctly.

I did a test submission of your feed thru Podcasts Connect and it came up as "Prepared for Submission." Clear your browser cache and try submitting again or try submitting thru a different browser.
Post by: Adam Wood on October 22, 2018, 07:48:36 pm
Yep, clearing cache did the trick. Thanks for your help.
Post by: Shawn Thorpe on October 22, 2018, 11:43:43 pm
Glad to see clearing the cache was the solution!

If you've found the support we've provided here to be of value, please consider leaving a review for PowerPress:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/powerpress/reviews/?rate=5#new-post
These reviews help us with future development of the plugin, and we'd really appreciate it!

This thread is now considered resolved and will be locked to further replies.