Blubrry Podcasting Community Forum

News And Discussion => General Discussion => Topic started by: Sam James on November 25, 2015, 08:01:25 am

Title: Category feeds & subscribes
Post by: Sam James on November 25, 2015, 08:01:25 am
Finally thought I better check this feature out but I can't seem to wrap my head around it. Seems to point to my main feed (all content) not that category.

Also I have an issue where one post can feature in multiple categories.

http://www.talkativebroadcasting.co.uk/podcast-directory/ is my directory (does blubrry have a better way of doing this?)

Motorsport will be a podcast for ALL motorsport but within that we can have many subcategories for those with specific interests.

Is there a way to have the subscribe button determine which category they are in (motorsport or a subcategory) and offer a different subscribe for each?

I do need to cleanup my categories - too many going on lol.
Title: Re: Category feeds & subscribes
Post by: mgdell on November 25, 2015, 03:17:36 pm
Currently,  If you post in more than one category (podcast or not) the subscribe links will not work. 

We have plans to address this in the next version of PowerPress (7.0) but the multi category thing will not be fixed, just you will be able to pick which category gets the subscribe links.

Until then, you may want to just manually put subscribe links in the body of your posts.

-Mike
Title: Re: Category feeds & subscribes
Post by: Sam James on January 11, 2016, 12:04:13 pm
Hi again

Understood - Or I can clone a post and change category if needed...

Regarding stats - is this the same? Choose one category to have stats or clone the post - option in version 7 to choose which channel gets stats?