Author Topic: Option to display 300 podcasts in feed not working  (Read 77 times)

Gagan Tandon

• Rookie
Option to display 300 podcasts in feed not working
« on: May 10, 2018, 06:36:55 am »
Hi,

I've been using Powerpress for a few months now but can't seem to get the option to display 300 podcasts in the feed to work. It's currently showing two months worth of podcasts for our subscribers which is around 50-60 shows.

Can you let me know what I may be doing wrong and is there another setting I need to play with? It's a pay-walled podcast so I would want all podcasts to show.

Is there a possibility of removing the 300 limit? This would be handy too as we have 25-30 shows a month. Any help would be appreciated.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Option to display 300 podcasts in feed not working
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 12:03:23 pm »
There's a couple of settings you probably need to adjust in order to show more episodes in your RSS feed, and in turn, your Apple Podcasts listing.
1.) Log into your WordPress site. Hover over the Settings menu on the left-hand side and select Reading.
2.) Change the number in the "Syndication feeds show the most recent" box to 300. Click the Save Changes button.
3.) Hover your mouse over the PowerPress link in the left-hand sidebar and select Settings. On the next screen, switch to Advanced Mode if you're not already there.
4.) Click the Feeds tab. In the "Show the most recent" box, enter the same number you entered in step two. Click the Save Changes button.

It may take up to 24 hours before you see the changes represented in syndication points like your Apple Podcasts listing.

Gagan Tandon

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 07:48:09 am »
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for this. I followed your steps and waited for a day but it's still only showing two months worth of posts. Any other ideas?

Regards

Gags

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 01:47:09 pm »
Please post a link to your podcast RSS feed so we can take a closer look at what's going on.

Gagan Tandon

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 02:20:33 am »
Just sent you a PM