Author Topic: Episode Notes  (Read 178 times)

Leah Buller

• Rookie
Episode Notes
« on: April 14, 2018, 01:11:11 pm »
I have been reading in the forum the issue with having your entire blog post show up in the episode notes and I have gone through and made the changes suggested, but I am still seeing my "episode notes" displaying my entire blog entry instead of my Itunes summary.  I'd love some advice on how to change this. I made the adjustments in Powerpress about a month ago and it is still not changing.

Thanks,

Leah

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Episode Notes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 01:21:56 pm »
Which app(s) exactly are your show notes not displaying properly in? Also, what's the URL to your podcast RSS feed?

Leah Buller

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 02:09:57 pm »
Sorry, its the apple podcast app for Iphone and my feed is:

https://harpymedia.com/feed/podcast/

Also, is there a way to ping Itunes to get them to check your feed quicker or do you just have to wait?

Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 02:16:09 pm »
There is no way to speed up the process of Apple Podcasts checking your podcast RSS feed.

The iOS Podcasts app pulls from the main blog post part of your podcast RSS feed. There's actually nothing you can do to change that. This is one of those things that Apple is inconsistent on. They do provide an iTunes Summary tag for each post, but that tag only works in the desktop iTunes application, not the iOS Podcasts app.

Leah Buller

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:01:59 pm »
Ok, so maybe just make my blog posts more like "episode notes" instead of a blog post?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 02:21:12 pm »
That's an option. You can also turn on the RSS Summary option in the main WordPress settings, which'll truncate your posts and add a "click here to continue reading" link that goes back to your website.

You can do that by logging in to your WordPress site and going to Settings >> Reading and change it from "full text" to summary and click the Save button.