Author Topic: BluBrry Feed URL and PowerPress Feed URL do not match  (Read 353 times)

Winter Park Baptist Church

• Rookie
BluBrry Feed URL and PowerPress Feed URL do not match
« on: February 05, 2018, 12:51:02 pm »
Inside our BluBrry account, our podcast feed is listed as:

http://winterparkbaptist.org/category/podcast/feed/

However, inside the PowerPress plugin, the feed url is listed as:

https://winterparkbaptist.org/feed/podcast/

The first URL is correct, as we wish for our podcast feed to only pull only audio files designated to that category. However, the second URL is pulling all audio files from our WordPress posts, which we do not want. How do I update the second URL to match the first? It doesn't give me the option to change the Feed URL inside PowerPress.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: BluBrry Feed URL and PowerPress Feed URL do not match
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 02:04:22 pm »
You can't edit the feed URLs shown inside the Feeds tab of PowerPress Settings.

If you want syndication points to work off of the category-based feed (as you're doing with your Blubrry account), then just give those syndication points the category feed URL.

Winter Park Baptist Church

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 12:23:40 pm »
Thank you for the information, though iTunes rejected the first URL with "category" in the name based on the fact that it did not contain an "clean" or "explicit" categorization as required (the clean box was checked inside the PowerPress plugin). I suppose I would have to modify the XML file to include this?

When I submitted the second URL, which is what is listed as the feed inside the PowerPress plugin, it went through without any trouble. I also found a workaround to prevent it from pulling all audio files form our website, as the PowerPress plugin automatically self-categorized any blog post with an audio file as "podcast." I unchecked this category classification within each post (the setting is in the powerpress section of the post, not the post category section), and it remedied the problem.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 07:17:43 pm »
Each category-based podcast feed has its own settings that you can access by going to PowerPress >> Category Podcasting. That's where you can set the explicit tag for a specific category-based feed.

WordPress has basic functionality built-in. Anytime you include a direct link to a media file in a blog post, WordPress wraps that URL in an enclosure tag, even if you're not already using any podcasting plugins. When you activate PowerPress on a site that has existing posts like this, it automatically creates podcast episodes for those posts due to the enclosure tags that were already made by WordPress.