Author Topic: Can't post Blubrry files to Patreon  (Read 134 times)

Heath Mullikin

• Rookie
Can't post Blubrry files to Patreon
« on: January 02, 2018, 12:34:15 pm »
Hello, we are offering our Patrons early access to episodes, but I cannot share our Blubrry mp3 links on their site in a post either through the link or media option.  I have been having to upload the mp3 straight from my computer.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I can post the Wordpress post links just fine, but not the mp3 links.  Thanks for your help.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Can't post Blubrry files to Patreon
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:51:16 pm »
Are you getting any specific type of error message from Patreon when you try to post a Blubrry media file link there?

Heath Mullikin

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:04:54 pm »
It just says "something went wrong with your request.  Please try again."  I have tried posting the mp3 file as an audio link and under the regular link post.  Here is the file I am trying to share.  http://media.blubrry.com/doubledropkick/content.blubrry.com/doubledropkick/The_Last_Jedi_final-1_2_18_12_31_PM.mp3

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 01:48:00 am »
The media file URL seems fine. My guess is that Patreon doesn't allow for this type of linking. I know they have their own podcast service now, so they may want everyone to upload media files directly to them for that reason. Best suggestion I can give at this time would be to contact Patreon support and ask them what's going on.

Heath Mullikin

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 06:22:50 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply Shawn.  I will check on their end.