Author Topic: Self Hosting  (Read 275 times)

Scott Coats

• Rookie
Self Hosting
« on: March 15, 2017, 01:00:35 pm »
I love the features the blubrry has to offer.  I just cannot find out exactly how to accomplish what I need.  I wish to host the files for my podcast on my server.  I still wish to link to iTunes, Stitcher, etc. however, I only seem to find that I have to subscribe to a service to host my podcast with burbrry.

Can anyone explain how to do so?

Is this possible?

thanks in advance

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Self Hosting
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 07:08:39 pm »
If you can run a self-hosted version of WordPress with the PowerPress plugin, you can use that to create your podcast feed for places like iTunes and you can host your media files anywhere you want.

Scott Coats

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2017, 10:23:28 am »
Thanks for the reply.

I do not see where you can have 'self hosting'.  Can anyone tell me where or how?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 01:53:16 pm »
WordPress can be a little confusing in that, there's the fully hosted version at wordpress .com. This version of WordPress does NOT allow you to add plugins like PowerPress, so you can't really use it in the way I've described above.

Self-hosted WordPress involves downloading the free WordPress files from wordpress.org and installing them on your own server. The absolute easiest way I've found to do this is to get a website hosting service that has a one-click installer for WordPress. I personally use DreamHost to do this, but there are other options.

Blubrry also has its PowerPress Sites service that is included with all media hosting plans. A PowerPress Site is a WordPress site fully hosted by Blubrry that includes the PowerPress plugin.