Author Topic: How to Video record on iPhone  (Read 1162 times)

Yuvi Grewal

• Rookie
How to Video record on iPhone
« on: November 06, 2016, 06:32:36 pm »
Hey guys,

Moving into the next stage of my podcast and I want to ask how to go about video recording on an iPhone.  I'm using two yeti blues for audio, ableton for recording sound, and want to use iPhone for video.  How do I go about the set up? Separating the sound from mics and iPhone? Thank you!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: How to Video record on iPhone
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:58:00 pm »
You've got a couple options:
1.) Record audio using your computer and video using iPhone. Sync them up in video editing software on the computer.
2.) Use a dedicated audio input on the iPhone that can take an audio output from your recording setup. Record the audio and video at the same time on the iPhone. You'd probably have to split the audio from your monitoring source to get a signal into the iPhone. There are a lot of devices out there that can add an audio input to the iPhone. The only one I have any practical experience with is the original iRig. It worked fine for doing Periscope video, so it'd probably be fine for other video recording as well. Do some research into external iOS audio inputs and pick whichever one you think'll work best.