Author Topic: Podcasting PDFs  (Read 1025 times)

Longshot

Podcasting PDFs
« on: July 03, 2011, 12:41:05 am »
Hey everyone.  I am setting up a new show for a friend of mine and he wants to do a nice .PDF of his show notes and stick it in the feed as a separate episode.  I know that in the RSS if you replace the application/audio with application/pdf iTunes will pick up that post as a separate episode and distribute fine.  The question is that if I use powerpress or feedburner am I able to embed the .pdf and/or change the code manually?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Longshot

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Podcasting PDFs
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:47:40 am »
Pdf's will work in powerpress without messing with the code. Not sure how feedburner does things. 

What I would do is make a separate feed for the PDF's and turn the media players off on that "Channel".  Then let your listeners / viewers know you have another feed for the shownotes.  This way, those people that just want the media files will get just that and those that want a PDF of the shownotes can subscribe separately to that.  I would also put your show notes in the post and in the "Lyrics" area of the ID3 tags (in the case of an MP3 file).  I personally (just my opinion) would not want PDF's mixed with an audio podcast feed.  Just one more file to delete.

-Mike