Author Topic: Problem using "Play in new window" option  (Read 3501 times)

jmikec

Problem using "Play in new window" option
« on: September 01, 2009, 10:58:03 pm »
Using the Podcast: Play in new window option results in a pop-up window that has a seemingly correct URL, but the message in the window is: Unable to retrieve media information.

What can I do to fix this?

jmikec

Re: Problem using "Play in new window" option
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:48:57 pm »
Once I turned on the advanced settings option I then saw the extra menu in my dashboard sideboard that let me configure all of that, so I got rid of the link for playing in a new window.  I would like to know why it isn't working, though, so maybe I can fix it and return that option to my users.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 10:57:08 am »
can you reply with a link to the page and re-enable the feature so we can see the behavior?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 10:59:34 am »
Also, was this episode originally created in PodPress? If so, we recommend taht you upgrade the the latest version 0.9.8, and in Advanced Mode of PowerPress go to the Tools page and click 'Import PodPress' option. PodPress data and WordPress 2.8+ can sometimes fail.

jmikec

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 11:08:59 am »
It was not created in PodPress. This is a brand new site still under development.  I installed PodPress 0.9.7 yesterday, then updated to the most current development version when I saw the thread in the Bugs section about the php errors when saving a post. I was having the same behavior so I upgraded. 

The link to the page is here:  http://www.betheldallas.org/wordpress/?page_id=654

Either audio file will cause the issue.  They are, in fact, the same audio file as those are just test posts for now.  The issue occurred, however, before I had a second post on the page.   It also happens whether you try it from the post summary page or click through to the individual post page.

The MP3 file is stored in the Wordpress Media Library.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 11:18:11 am »
I figured out the problem, it appears code added in 0.9.6 is still breaking things. I've removed the code causing the problem and will be releasing a new version 0.9.8 in the next hour.

jmikec

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:23 am »
Awesome! Thank you!