Author Topic: Remove 'continue reading' from Feed Description  (Read 453 times)

Michael Kaiser

• Rookie
Remove 'continue reading' from Feed Description
« on: May 04, 2018, 12:03:09 pm »
I like using short descriptions on the actual podcast feed, rather than trying to duplicate long winded episode posts.  Seems blubrry supports this because if I enter a short excerpt in my podcast post it uses that on the feed. Unfortunately...it also includes "Continue Reading->" after the description, which doesn't really make much sense outside the confines of Wordpress. (Continue Reading....what if you're downloading on iTunes, for example.)  Any ideas on how to get rid of this? 

http://kaiserthegreat.com/kitchen/feed/podcast/

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Remove 'continue reading' from Feed Description
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 12:00:30 pm »
The only episode in your feed is here:
http://kaiserthegreat.com/kitchen/episode-1-the-time-has-come/

I see you've typed some notes there that show up on the website. But no notes/description shows up at all in the feed. Are you using a plugin outside of PowerPress to modify what goes into your feed?

Michael Kaiser

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:29:36 am »
Yep, only one episode.  Nope on a separate plugin.  The point is I don't want to the content of the post to be in the feed, I want the excerpt of the post in the feed. In this case the excerpt is simply "Fantastic Four 1, 2 (1962)."  However, now I don't see "Continue Reading->" like I did earlier so I somehow magically fixed it...hmm...maybe it was a cache issue. 

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 12:50:56 pm »
Always possible. Caching plugins/services can create a lot of unexpected behavior sometimes with WordPress.