Author Topic: Updating RSS Feed  (Read 2476 times)

Zack Olson

• Rookie
Updating RSS Feed
« on: October 25, 2017, 01:17:36 pm »
I have several old episodes where I've modified my RSS feed (http://emclerkship.com/feed/podcast/) to change an episode title, updated a show description with additional content, or even fully deleted some old episodes that were no longer appropriate for the feed. Some RSS readers (iTunes, Podcast Republic, Shrook) are fully updating automatically. Other RSS libraries (Blubrry, Podcast Addict, Castbox) are NOT updating along with my feed and I can't figure out why. I have waited several months to see if they would update but they still have not. Any help would be appreciated!!

Zack

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Updating RSS Feed
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 01:25:18 pm »
To update the Blubrry directory listing:
1.) Log into your Blubrry Podcaster Dashboard.
2.) Click the More Directory Options link inside the Directory Listing box.
3.) Click the Refresh Program Listing link.

Since the feed is updating properly in some locations but not others, this means the feed itself is OK. You'll need to contact support for locations that haven't updated and ask them to refresh your listings there.

Zack Olson

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 01:40:30 pm »
Thank You! I was able to update the blubrry feed. Now I guess I'll have to email these other app developers to try and figure out why it isn't happening automatically. They immediately update the new episodes, its the old ones that are hard to change
 :-\ 

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 04:07:27 pm »
Many of the directories/apps out there will cache episode information once it goes into their system. That's not all bad but if they don't allow for updates on episodes that have already been listed, that's not good.

Best of luck getting in touch with them!

If you've found the support we've provided here to be of value, please consider leaving a review for PowerPress:
https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/powerpress/reviews/?rate=5#new-post
These reviews help us with future development of the plugin, and we'd really appreciate it!

Mark Cafiero

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 09:54:44 am »
I'm also trying to edit my feed data but I don't have the options listed here on my dashboard.  I really need to make some edits.  Any help is appreciated.  I can only seem to change my account password and search the support docs.  No option to edit my feed.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 12:30:23 pm »
Mark - Please go here:
https://www.blubrry.com/contact/
Click the Select link underneath All Other Inquiries and choose Technical Support. Fill out the form with your questions and someone will get back to you with assistance. We may need account information that wouldn't be good to post on a public forum.