Author Topic: 11yr+ 'Cast--use categories to rss->iTunes back catalog as separate "series"s?  (Read 443 times)

Heather Ordover

• Rookie
My podcast has released serialised "annotated audiobooks" of classic novels for the last 11+years.

I have around 30 completed books on my Wordpress site.
Each chapter of each book a separate post/show note.
Files hosted elsewhere (I started back in blogspot days...).

I realize that I'm missing an opportunity to create Separate iTunes feeds for each book, using the Wordpress categories I've already set up (like: Pride and Prejudice, Dracula, Frankenstein, etc.).

I've been reading the help pages  (and forum posts from 2013) but can't tell if--in the above description--I'm speaking the same language as the help pages.
It keeps feeling Like I'm trying to do something backwards or use the wrong end of Blubrry/PowerPress, so rather than continuously hit or miss, I thought I'd ask.

Help?
Thank you!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Category Podcasting is designed to do EXACTLY what you're looking to achieve!

Here's a basic overview:
1.) Create unique categories for each book
2.) Set up Category Podcasting in PowerPress and add the necessary settings for each individual category-based feed
3.) Ensure Strict Category Podcasting is enabled in the PowerPress >> Category Podcasting settings
4.) Validate feeds and submit to iTunes

Again, that's a very basic overview. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Heather Ordover

• Rookie
OH Thank God!
I'll start making sure it's all organized and post back if I have any questions once I've (at least attempted) all the steps.
Thank you thank you!
H ;D :D

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
You're welcome! Best of luck with getting all the category feeds set up and working. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Heather Ordover

• Rookie
Working on it now. Wondering if I need to add anything to the child theme to force category pages to organize the feed/archive pages to list the oldest/first chapter episodes at the front of the feed, instead of blog style, where the more recent-by-date but last-chapters-of-the-book appear first...

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
To clarify:

You want the audiobook chapters to appear on the site newest chapters first (which'd be the default behavior of WordPress), but you want the chapters to show in your category-based podcast feeds with the oldest chapters first?