Author Topic: Expedition Podcast - Lightweight Multi-functional Kit Ideas  (Read 648 times)

Martin Holland

• Rookie
Expedition Podcast - Lightweight Multi-functional Kit Ideas
« on: April 29, 2017, 08:34:14 am »
Hi,

I'm creating a podcast following an expedition I'm planning and leading over the next 12 months. I'm looking for kit suggestions for when I'm out ion the field. I need to

- Record audio for video as well as the podcast so multi-functional gear will be awesome
- The podcast audio will be quite varied (ambient, voice over/narration, interview, and recording conversations, music, etc opportunistically)
- Kit should be fairly durable and lightweight
- Budget is not huge!
- Quality should be good

I guess I'm not really asking for specific mics or what have you, but more ideas for a clever combination of kit that would do everything with minimal weight, bulk, expense, without too many scrifices.

I was thinking an on camera mic for ambient noise abd run and gun video work, couple of good quality lavalier mics for podcast interviews and pieces to camera, plus an h5n for the opportunistic stuff and as the main recording device.

I could add a decent studio mic plus something like the kaotica eyeball and a boom arm for high quality voice over / diary type stuff and when better quality for pieces to camera is required (reckon lavalier will be fine for the video stuff, but having this mic  for the podcast would also open it up to this use).

What do you think?