Author Topic: Playlist IDS out of order  (Read 2458 times)

Zach Herbert

Playlist IDS out of order
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:43:44 am »
I had made a post in the feature request forum, but it sounds like this is a bug report instead...

When specifying episodes using the "ids" argument for the playlist player, the specified order is ignored. Regardless of the order, the player reorders them by descending date.

Here's a link to a test page on my site:

https://zachherbert.com/subscribe/

There are three ids added to the list, using the shortcode:

powerpress_playlist itunes_subtitle=true date="false" ids="3444, 3581, 3450"

Which should be oldest, newest, middle. But as you can see, the player reorders them by descending date.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Playlist IDS out of order
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 06:01:58 pm »
Hello Zach,

I have added code that if the IDs are specified, that the results are ordered by the ID's in their entered order. It will be in the next release.

Do you have a WordPress.org account, if so please reply with your WP username (e.g. @amandato is me on WP.org) so I can include your name in the credit for finding the bug. Otherwise I can just put your name, Zach Herbert

Thanks!

Zach Herbert

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 06:06:42 pm »
Thanks so much!!

Just my name is fine.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 10:42:00 pm »
Great. Thanks!

Zach Herbert

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 07:35:21 pm »
I just downloaded the new release which lists this item as fixed. But it still doesn't list the episodes in the given order.

Now it lists from oldest to newest instead of newest to oldest.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 06:19:13 pm »
Can you reply with the shortcode how you have it entered?

Zach Herbert

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 07:41:56 pm »
Of course!

[powerpress_playlist itunes_subtitle=true date="false" images="false" image="imageUrl.jpg" ids="3444, 3581, 3450" style="multi"]

Zach Herbert

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 07:04:51 pm »
Just a quick update... It isn't doing the order by date after all. It displays the episodes that I list, but the order appears to be fixed and random. For any given set of IDs, I can rearrange the IDs however I like, but the display order is always the same. And the actual order appears random.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 04:30:18 pm »
Hello Zach,

We fixed this in the very last update of PowerPress 7.0.4. What version of PowerPress are you using?

The query uses "ORDER BY FIELD('id', ... )", replacing the ... with the specified IDs that you passed to the shortcode. It should technically order the results int eh order you enter them, but that is not to say the player itself reloads the data and organizes them differently. Can you reply with a link where the player is doing this so we can take a look?

Thanks,
Angelo

Zach Herbert

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 04:37:11 pm »
Hey Angelo,

Yes, I'm using 7.0.4. I'm afraid I don't have an example that isn't behind a paywall.

The update in the latest version did CHANGE the order of the episodes in the players.. It just isn't using the order entered.

Prior to 7.0.4 it was always listed by date, with newest first.

Now, I'm not sure what the order is, but it isn't the order listed. I can change the order randomly in the shortcode call, and the episodes will always return the same way.