Author Topic: iTunes Subscribers?  (Read 1229 times)

Chris G Parkhurst

• Rookie
iTunes Subscribers?
« on: July 26, 2016, 01:46:41 am »
Hello,

I am wondering if there is currently a way to tell the number of RSS or iTunes subscribers that I have.  While I am certainly happy to see the number of downloads that are occurring, it would also be extremely helpful to know how many people are subscribed to my podcast.

In advance, thank you for your time and consideration!

Kind Regards,
Chris G. Parkhurst
Host, The Documentary Life

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: iTunes Subscribers?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:47:36 am »
There's no stats system I'm aware of that can tell you how many subscribers you have. However, you can get a pretty good idea by taking the average number of downloads your episodes receive after being up for a month. It's very likely that within a month after upload, all regularly subscribed listeners will have downloaded the episode.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:08:49 pm »
Another way to go get a good idea of your listeners that either subscribe or come back for every episode is in the trending area of the stats.  Take a look of the average over a month.  The whole idea is to get the number of times your files are downloaded per episode. That is a better stat to track rather than "subscribers".

-MIke

Dominique Henderson

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 11:00:00 am »
Mike,

Tks for the feedback.  Just to understand what your are saying about getting a feel for how many "subscribers/repeat listeners" my podcast has.

1. look at browse episodes "unique" column,
2. divide that total by the amount of episodes published

Should that number should give me a rough average of Subscribers/repeat listeners?

my feed url: http://djhendersonsr.com/feed/podcast/
listing:  https://www.blubrry.com/financialliteracybootcamp/