Author Topic: Garageband problems  (Read 735 times)

Ryan Bell

• Rookie
Garageband problems
« on: July 03, 2016, 04:14:46 pm »
I record my podcast with microphone plugged directly into my macbook pro (it's a few years old). I use garageband for recording as well as editing. I've been having some issues with the audio. The show I record is about an hour long and every time I record the audio it invariably cuts out at some point for a few seconds. Usually about 20 minutes or so into recording a static type noise cuts out, and distorts the audio. It only takes out a few seconds at a time, but it can be a big inconvenience if that part needs to be cut out. Anyone know how to fix this?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Garageband problems
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 08:38:01 pm »
Could be an issue with something accessing the disk drive and causing Garageband to "pause" for a second or two. Check and make sure you're not doing something like running a Time Machine backup during recording. And I'm not sure if this is till recommended or not. But you may want to set the project tempo to the lowest setting (I believe its 48). There used to be an issue with Garageband that it'd "run out of space" with the tempo set higher. Setting the tempo to the lowest setting could help.