Author Topic: Podcast feeds no longer function  (Read 1728 times)

Stephen Ashley

Podcast feeds no longer function
« on: June 21, 2016, 07:19:26 am »
I updated to Blubrry 7 recently and it appears that my 5 podcast feeds no longer function and are not accessible even with a direct link via a browser. Any ideas?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Podcast feeds no longer function
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:15:39 am »
Please link to one of the feeds so we can take a look. Also, this page has some suggestions for diagnosing feed issues:
https://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/using-powerpress/diagnosing-feed-andor-player-issues-with-powerpress/

Stephen Ashley

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 07:12:49 am »
I've tried disabling: AP HTML5 Audio Player, WP Super Cache, WP-Optimize, Jetpack and the few that I haven't mentioned. All to no avail. One of my 5 feed addresses is below:

https://www.hotpipes.eu/feed/podcast-mp3/

Stephen Ashley

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 10:22:18 am »
One thing that I've never been able to understand is that I can't see the feed xml files on an ftp client - they are not, and never have been, at the location that appears in the plugin. Can you throw any light on this, please?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 10:58:09 am »
The feeds are dynamically generated so they do not have a "file" in the traditional way. 

As for your feeds going 404, have you changed your permalinks settings lately?  Go to the permalinks settings in WordPress and re-save the permalinks settings.  That might fix it. (likely not but worth a try).

Another thing is to make sure PowerPress is enabled.  (I know, but you never know).

Looks like you have a category of page called "podcast".  That can also interfere with podcast feeds in PowerPress.

If none of the above fix it, I would turn off ALL plugins other than PowerPress and see if the feeds come back. If not, change your theme to one of the stock WordPress themes and see.  It's very likely that some other plugin or your theme is taking out the RSS feeds.

-Mike

Stephen Ashley

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 05:33:56 am »
Mike - many thanks indeed for the info. I hadn't changed my permalink settings but I went ahead and re-saved them. And my feeds came back!! So "likely not" did the trick. Now I'm wondering how in the h**l that happened. :-)
Thanks again,
Steve

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 08:59:13 am »
Sometimes WordPress can get a hickup.  It doesn't happen very often (that's why I said not likely)

Glad it's working for you!  :)

Happy Podcasting!

-Mike