Author Topic: Changes to Custom Post Type Podcasts in v. 6.3.3  (Read 786 times)

HaveAnEpiphany

• Rookie
Changes to Custom Post Type Podcasts in v. 6.3.3
« on: April 08, 2016, 03:48:36 pm »
I noticed the following items in the changelog for version 6.3.3 of the WordPress plugin:

* Added logic to handle post type podcast only feeds. (Thanks Alan for helping us debug!)
* Fixed bug with post type podcasting channel level feed settings not applying correctly when using slug podcast. (Thanks Joe for pointing out the issue)

For a while now, I've had a problem with the custom post type feed settings (especially the iTunes settings) not being applied on my site. I've been following this thread (https://forum.blubrry.com/index.php/topic,6046.0.html ) and re-applying the fix listed there in order to solve the problem when I update the plugin (which honestly, I don't do very often because of the need to manually apply the patch).

It seems possible that this may be fixed in 6.3.3 based upon what's in the changelog (listed above), but I just wanted to check and see if that's true. We aren't using the slug 'podcast', but I'm not sure I fully understand what those 2 bullet points above might be referring to.

Can anyone advise? I'd love to get back on a regular schedule of just applying these updates as they become available.

Thanks!