Author Topic: Multiple shows  (Read 1687 times)

David Benson

• Rookie
Multiple shows
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:10:29 am »
Ok, I started a hosting account with you and used my website "umbrella" name as name for blubrry host. SteeleEmpire. I used powerpress and have my first show uploaded. It's listed in my blog under the category magic and Steele, which is the name of this specific podcast under the steeleempire umbrella. I wish to add more in the future one to start with. It has its own category - knights of the Steele table. So, from what I've read so far, I think I only need to post it under that separate category and use powerpress to upload info for iTunes and blubrry and of course upload file to my host account and it should work. I'm just concerned that I'm doing it correctly. I don't want to set it all up and have to redo everything because I made an error.
Can you confirm or deny? :-)

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Multiple shows
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:21:42 pm »
Technically, that will work but you will get commingled stats for the two different shows on the same account. You can avoid this by setting up media hosting for the second show as well and then uploading files to each show indecently thru the Blubrry website. Then, copying/pasting the URLs of the files from the Blubrry website into the Podcast Episode box of PowerPress.

Connie Dowell

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 02:55:01 pm »
I'm also starting a second show soon and I find this answer a bit confusing. I can find an option in my dashboard to add another podcast to the directory but not to set up hosting for an additional show. Am I right in thinking that when you start a new show you must set up a totally new account with Blubrry?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 06:02:28 pm »
Add the second program under the account you already have. Once the show has been added, you'll be able to purchase services for that show.

Connie Dowell

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 11:38:02 pm »
Thanks, Shawn. So, I add it to the directory first? Please forgive me if this is super obvious but that is the only option to add podcast I am seeing on my dashboard. I have looked and looked. I have searched older forum posts for a how to and found reference to a "green button" but I see no green button. I have looked for a walkthrough in all documentation and found nothing. I feel like this is something people must do all the time so there is probably something really obvious I am missing. Is there anyone who can give me a literal step by step (log in, go here, press this...)? I keep looking but my eyes are simply refusing to spot this option.

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 04:58:33 pm »
You're on the right track. From the Podcaster Dashboard, click the "Add Another Podcast to Directory" link inside the Directory Listing box. Go thru the process of adding the show and once it's done, you should see the "Looking for Podcast Media Hosting?" section where you can order media hosting for that show when you log into the Podcaster Dashboard for that show.