Author Topic: Folder Location In Plugin  (Read 1025 times)

darryl505

Folder Location In Plugin
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »
I may be posting this in the wrong place and if so i apologize in advance.

I recall reading a year or so ago that there is a code that can be dropped someplace in the plugin settings so that the little folder next to the url line can be associated with the media folder in WP.   So that instead of someone having to know the url of the podcast that they can click that folder icon and it will open up to the media folder where you can just chose your episode from that list.

Does anyone know where i could modify the plugin to make that happen or if its even possible?

Thanks so much

Darryl

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Folder Location In Plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 02:39:28 pm »
The folder icon with the Blubrry logo on top is for media hosted on blubrry.com.

Just a heads up if you have not herd us say this before, you should not host large files on your website. Website hosting is designed to serve many small files optimized to provide a fast page loading experience. Web hosting for websites is not designed to host large files. Large file downloads by their nature require many servers in order to provide a consistent experience. Putting such media on the same server will negatively impact the ability for web pages to load promptly, which negatively impacts your web users experience as well as your SEO. This is why the behavior is not directly supported in PowerPress. When at all possible we steer users to use media URLs with the intent that the media is hosted on infrastructure designed to host them.

There is a define option you can add to PowerPress that allows you to set a specific media URL excluding the filename, that way all you have to do is enter the file name in the media URL box and go. This is intended for you to host your media on another service or server isolated from your website's server. You could use that option to set a media URL that is on your physical server, but do so at your own risk. We will not accept blame for slow loading or performing websites if you host your podcast media on the same server.