Author Topic: Schedule Post defaults to page.php instead of single.php  (Read 1201 times)

Joshua Wiens

• Rookie
Schedule Post defaults to page.php instead of single.php
« on: December 07, 2015, 10:16:16 am »
So when I create a post with a podcast in it for a feature date, a few weird things happen.
1st, it creates a entry in the post_meta table, but it also makes 2 entries in the post table, one for the podcast and one for the post. however they have the same name. I have my permalink settings set to use the post_name, so when you try to pull up the post it grabs the first post from the post table which is the podcast which has not content, which is why it defaults to the page.php instead of the single.php

Anyone ever experianced anything like this?
Any help would be appreciated I am running the newest version of wordpress and genesis framework

Thanks,

Josh

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Schedule Post defaults to page.php instead of single.php
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 11:44:38 am »
Does it work after the date you set it to release?

-Mike

Joshua Wiens

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 01:38:26 pm »
Hey Mike thanks for the response.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but let me try answer.

When I schedule the post, the date it is supposed and after it only displays the podcast and player and nothing else and uses page.php not the correct single.php

when I just create it and post without scheduling anyting it works perfect.

thanks in advance,

Joshua Wiens

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 04:53:10 pm »
That sounds like something going on with your WordPress.  Either a theme or Plugin is conflicting with the posting schedule. 

See: http://create.blubrry.com/resources/powerpress/using-powerpress/diagnosing-feed-andor-player-issues-with-powerpress/ to figure out which is causing the trouble.  Once you know, let us know so maybe we can find a work-around for you.

-Mike