Author Topic: Anchor.FM  (Read 1020 times)

Blake Niemann

• Rookie
Anchor.FM
« on: September 29, 2015, 11:52:40 am »
Recently there has been a trend towards micro-podcasting social audio and I came across www.anchor.fm

I've been using the beta on iOS now for about 2 months and its been really sweet. The experience and UI is awesome.

The beta was easy to sign up for an I got access almost immediately. If you want to sign-up go to www.anchor.fm

My question is, where if anywhere do you see podcasting going in the next 5 years? What do you think of micro-podcasting or social audio conversations?

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Anchor.FM
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:53:56 pm »
When any medium begins to expand, as podcasting certainly has over the last few years, there's usually a following trend of trying to "micronize" things by digging ever deeper into niches. Then, networks and communities that are hyper focused on those niches will form. It seems likely that there'll be more and more podcast/content networks devoted to one topic, in an attempt to concentrate desired audiences onto whatever content those networks are providing.

It also looks like we're beginning to see a trend in making "nuggets" our of long-form content. Services like Clammr are a good example of this. Audio podcasts tend to be lengthy in nature and there are those who'd like to just extract the "good parts" from every episode. I guess this is only natural as attention spans grow ever shorter. I haven't yet seen a person or service really nailing it with this concept. But, it's still early.