Author Topic: Significant drop in stats  (Read 1157 times)

CarrotsForDays

• Rookie
Significant drop in stats
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:10:39 pm »
Has anyone seen a natural really large drop in podcast stats? I'm basically trying to find out if current stats are genuine or if there is something wrong with the reporting.

Usually we average about 20k-35k unique downloads. The last two episodes have barely seen 4000. It is a slow time in our podcast genre, but that's a very large and unexpected drop.

Thanks!

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Significant drop in stats
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:34:34 pm »
I'm not aware of anything specific that's causing an overall decline in stats right now. If you'd like, you can post a link to your PowerPress RSS feed. We can take a look at it and just make sure it's working properly.

CarrotsForDays

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 01:45:39 pm »
Thank you Shawn, that would be great.

Here is the feed url: http://makingstarwars.net/feed/podcast/

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:14:05 pm »
Overall, your feed looks OK. I don't see anything specific in there that might be interfering with its ability to work properly. I also manually subscribed to the feed in iTunes and checked it against your iTunes Store listing. Everything looks OK.

Your feed in general is pretty big. I suggest using the feed maximizer function in PowerPress if you're not already. Also, Feed Validator has a couple suggestions about items in your feed that could be improved. These aren't necessarily breaking the feed, but if possible, you may want to fix them:
http://feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmakingstarwars.net%2Ffeed%2Fpodcast%2F

(You can ignore the message that says the feed isn't valid. Feed Validator can be very picky about what it considers to be truly "valid." As mentioned above, I tested the feed and it's working fine.)

Steve Olsher

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 08:25:24 pm »
We have noticed a drop in stats and even did some testing today. It doesn't appear to be counting everything unless there is a significant delay in the reporting.

We are showing an average click through rate of 612 across 55 different URLs for Twitter. That's over 33,000 click throughs and our stats do not reflect that at all. Any idea why it's not tracking?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 09:01:32 am »
Steve,

55 URLS from twitter?  Are you posting direct links to your mp3 on twitter?

We have some filtering in the system that filters out twitter bombing.  That might be what is happening.

-Mike