Author Topic: Hiding Podcast Posts from My Blog Feed  (Read 999 times)

Amy Whitney

• Rookie
Hiding Podcast Posts from My Blog Feed
« on: July 10, 2015, 06:27:32 pm »
Hello,

I have a podcast which I set up and have over 20 podcasts published and have a large audience so I don't want to change anything without being sure of what I am doing...

The problem is every week when I publish a podcast it posts to my blog. I would prefer that it not do that because the articles I write are getting buried behind all my podcast episodes.

I watched the video about setting up another podcast channel and it says that if you create another channel it does not publish to your blog; however, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to set up a new channel and use the same settings as the original podcast feed or what I if there is an easier way to eliminate the podcasts posting to my blog.

Thanks for some clarification!
Amy

Shawn Thorpe

• Administrator
Re: Hiding Podcast Posts from My Blog Feed
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 08:07:25 pm »
WordPress automatically creates a "master archive" of all of your posts and usually by default, that's what's displayed on your site's homepage when the site is loaded. If you'd like to have separate archives for your blog posts and podcasts, you could use categories to achieve this. For example, you could create a category called "Blog" for all of your blog posts, and then a category called "Podcasts" for all of your podcast episodes. Then, you can link to the two category archives in a header or sidebar menu and create an "about" or "welcome" page and set that as your homepage in the WordPress dashboard by going to Settings >> Reading.

This way, when visitors come to your site, they'll have the option of clicking either the blog or podcast links and seeing only those posts and you won't have to change your current podcast feed.

Amy Whitney

• Rookie
Re: Hiding Podcast Posts from My Blog Feed
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 05:05:31 pm »
Great. Thanks for the information. I see now that this was a setting within my blog. I had 'podcasts' checked in the categories to show! Thanks  :)