Author Topic: May Stats not showing & TiVo stats  (Read 866 times)

Mark V. Fusco

• Rookie
May Stats not showing & TiVo stats
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:08:07 am »
While there are numbers for Complete Downloads and Uniques, if I go to May's stats for each episode I don't get correct stats for when drilling down to Distribution, Platforms, etc. Some episodes show no stats in these categories while others do have stats, but they don't equal the total number for the month (Downloads or Uniques). I had the same thing happen for February.

Also, TiVo made a change recently in how their viewers subscribe to Web Shows. Before it was pretty easy to figure out that the Web Browsers number was mostly TiVo views as they were about the same kind of numbers I got from blip.tv (who I used to use for my RSS feed). Now i'm seeing an increase in Anonymous and pretty much no Web Browsers. I'm guessing the TiVo stats are coming in as Anonymous now.

Podcast is 1337 Wine TV.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: May Stats not showing & TiVo stats
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 11:34:50 am »
We are unable to report all user agents, so the deeper report totals should always be lower. Also the deeper reporting uses the unique IP totals, not the total downloads.

I have a Tivo so I know of the TiVo podcasts section in the box. The test I ran 2 months ago Tivo was not identifying itself in the user agent.I will run another test today and see what it comes up as.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: May Stats not showing & TiVo stats
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 12:32:05 pm »
I am not finding the "podcaster" app on the TiVo today. Trying a few things. Wasn't it in the music and pictures section?