Author Topic: Player breaks javascript rotator  (Read 1031 times)

bpotter

Player breaks javascript rotator
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:45:17 pm »
Just wanted to submit this if someone is running into PowerPress player problems with Avada.

Versions:

Wordpress: 4.1.1
Avada: 3.7.3
PowerPress: 6.0.1

Site: http://192.185.79.58/~kingdomc/

On a desktop system the rotators work, on a mobile device the rotators stop working, but will work again when PowerPress is disabled.

When I pull in a post with using PowerPress to the homepage the following components do not work on my iPhone:

FusionSlider
Google Maps
Image Rotator

I suspected there was a javascript conflict so I changed the player from MediaElement.js to the HTML5 player. This resolved the issue and the elements re-appeared on my phone.

The elements did not break on major browsers, just my mobile device. I was able to reproduce this by changing the player back to MediaElement.js. I haven't done enough troubleshooting to determine exactly what the conflict was, but perhaps a more skilled developer can look into this.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Player breaks javascript rotator
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 02:34:48 pm »
PowerPress uses the MEJS built into WordPress.

I would recommend diagnosing the issue using the WordPress audio shortcode first, that way you can eliminate PowerPress as the source of the issue.

Code: [Select]
[audio src="URL TO MEDIA"]
Put this shortcode in your blog post to test that the player also does not work  using the MEJS player directly in WordPress.

bpotter

Re: Player breaks javascript rotator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 12:06:13 am »
Thanks for the feedback. I'll give that a shot.

I was able to switch to the HTML5 player and that seems to fix it for now, too.