Author Topic: Embed Link Feature  (Read 1558 times)

NickSPNT

Embed Link Feature
« on: November 13, 2014, 05:07:38 pm »
I recently listened to an episode of Dave Jackson's School of Podcasting and in the episode he mentioned a feature in Powerpress that allows you to provide the embed link on your podcast posts. I have recently activated that feature on my site but wanted to verify something before using this player elsewhere.

I use multiple redirects in my mp3 URL, and I want to make sure that the embed code provided when I hit Embed link, will also trigger on those redirects. Below is the code I'm getting. I see no links to my actual mp3 URL. When I press play on the player, I do hear my audio, but want to make sure it's also triggering my redirects.

<iframe width="320" height="24" src="http://spnt.tv/?powerpress_embed=6117-podcast&amp;powerpress_player=default" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Thanks!

Todd

• Administrator
Re: Embed Link Feature
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:24:18 pm »
The embed click to play will carry over the re-directs as you know our stats system uses re-directs as well, we would not have missed that.

Todd..

NickSPNT

Re: Embed Link Feature
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:59:51 pm »
Hi Todd,

I figured that was the case but just wanted to verify. I've been looking for a player to use on external sites and this is perfect. I was only questioning it because I couldn't see the physical mp3 URL in the embed code. Appreciate the response and everything you do!