Author Topic: Explain the Hosting Plans to me.  (Read 1063 times)

Todd

• Administrator
Explain the Hosting Plans to me.
« on: March 31, 2014, 01:06:27 am »
 Most questions are answered here: https://secure.blubrry.com/podcast-publishing-premium-with-hosting/

An example of how storage works is on the page above. For example, if you upload 20MB on Aug. 8, on Sept. 8 that 20MB is freed from your quota. Storage is solely based on what you upload in a 30-day period. After 30 days the media is placed in an archive, which only gets deleted if you cancel your service with us. We do not host media indefinitely; when you stop paying for the service we take the media offline.

You will need to first purchase a plan (up to 1GB) that allows you to upload. However, usually folks host their archive on their own server since the traffic load is typically only generated within the first two to five days of each podcast episode release, the archive doesn't cause problems for a low-cost Web hosting account.

If you are currently hosting with another podcast company, we can migrate up to 10GB of media for free. If that's the case, please reply with your RSS feed so I can double check that it can be migrated.