Author Topic: 500 Internal Server Error  (Read 7264 times)

sbmorrissey

Re: 500 Internal Server Error
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 08:53:56 pm »
Another interesting note... this happens JUST for one site of my WP MU site. Of course it's the one I have a podcast. But I was able to activate it on other sites and run it just fine  :-[

I'll be posting those error logs ASAP.

sbmorrissey

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2014, 12:44:03 am »
Sorry for the delay, been trying various logging methods to see what I could see.  The only time I was able to get any PowerPress related errors logged was to enable WP_DEBUG_LOG:

Code: [Select]
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: title in /home/content/55/4071555/html/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/powerpressadmin-defaults.php on line 109
Let me know if that helps at all.

As stated, I can enable PowerPress on any of my other sites within the same Multi-Site installation and get to the settings just fine. It seems to be for only ONE site. I toggled all of the plug-ins and didn't seem to get any favorable results.

THanks for the help!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2014, 09:12:14 am »
For what ever reason your site is setup with "Notices" enabled for PHP. This is generally not something you want enabled except in a development environment. I would highly recommend you contact your hosting to get that turned off.

Regardless, I will have this fixed in the next update to PowerPress.

sbmorrissey

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 09:57:39 am »
Thanks, I just updated my php.ini to set "display_errors = Off" .... hope that fixes that.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 12:47:43 pm »
I made the change to PowerPress, if you wanted to test the dev version let me know I'll send you the link. Hopefully it will be released in the coming 1-3 days.

sbmorrissey

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 01:03:29 pm »
Thanks, but I'm in no big rush now that I know my podcast will continue to get published; just not in the best format.

My weekly show with a dozen or so subscribers can deal with the un-optimized summaries and Blubrry's logo showing up  ;)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 01:24:17 pm »
The summery optimizer option in PowerPress is obsolete, it really doesn't help to use that option if the listener comes from the podcasts iOS app or from the itunes web site, it only worked well in the iTunes desktop app.

The better option now is to go to PowerPress Settings > Basic setings and enable the iTunes summary and iTunes subtitle fields and write those on a per episode basis.