Author Topic: Itunes Category in Settings Not Matching Category Shown When Submit Podcast  (Read 1334 times)

altoid

Hello!  I am not sure if this is a bug on Blubrry side, Apple's side, or if I am just doing something wrong....  Under the iTunes tab in Setting for Categories, I have listed my 3 categories as (1) Health (2) Health > Self-Help; and (3) Kids & Family.   When I went to sumbit my podcast in the iTunes store and I get to the "Review Podcat" step before submitting the Podcast it shows my Category as "Health" and my subcategory as "Sexuality."   Does anyone know why it would do this?  Should I go ahead and submit my podcast?  I am certain my feed does not show Sexuality subcategory so I have no idea why iTunes is showing me this.  And insight would be much appreciated.

Here is the clip of the feed where it shows my categories

</image>
<itunes:category text="Health">
<itunes:category text="Self-Help" />
</itunes:category>
<itunes:category text="Kids &amp; Family" />
<item>

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Apple has been having issues with categories on their end.  Email them (podcasts@apple.com) after you submit your feed and ask them to manually put it in the correct category.  They have been very good about doing this lately.

-Mike