Author Topic: Return from posting  (Read 3968 times)

Robin

Return from posting
« on: December 10, 2008, 02:08:56 pm »
When I have posted a new podcast using bloo beret I am taken to a fault page which reads:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to e-publishing.org.uk:80 in /home/sites/e-publishing.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/mp3info.class.php on line 111

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sites/e-publishing.org.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/mp3info.class.php:111) in /home/sites/e-publishing.org.uk/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 770

I have to click back a couple of pages so that I can post next item.

Previous item has posted and is working OK!

Also My feed will not validate, I get a whole host of errors. Would somebody be good enough as to peek at this and steer me in the right direction?

No good having a feed that won't work!

Site is http://e-publishing.org.uk

Many Thanks,

Robin.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Return from posting
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:21:05 pm »
It sounds liek your web hosting service has a firewall which is blocking your server from accessing your media files. You may want to contact them regarding the issue.

Robin

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 04:42:01 pm »
It sounds liek your web hosting service has a firewall which is blocking your server from accessing your media files. You may want to contact them regarding the issue.

?

Would you elaborate on that a little please?

If it is my server which problem is it causing?

The feed is sent out by the software and is not being verified, is that also down to my server?

Robin.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 05:11:49 pm »
Your feed may not be validating for a number of reasons. Please check it with www.feedvalidator.org

The errors you were seeing occur when you are using Powerpress to detect you rmedia's file size and time duration. If you do not use the 'auto' options when you publish your podcast posts, you will no longer see these errors. Give the URL to your media and copy/paste the entire printed fsockopen() error in an email or trouble ticket to your hosting company, they will be able to solve the problem or tell you why the are blocking the content.

Robin

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 02:25:02 pm »
OK.

Thanks for that.

I have found a problem with a couple of plugins that I was using. They were causing part of the non-validation issue, I think also that migrating from Podpress to Powerpress has left a little bit of rubbish behind and I'm re-specifying links to mp3 files.

I've contacted hosting company regarding fsockopen message and I hope that they will soon sort that out.

I'm finding Powerpress much more user friendly than Podpress.
I would like a way to turn off "Auto detect file size" the same as "Auto detect duration (mp3's only)"
Maybe when I've set all mp3 URL's I won't need to, time will tell!

Robin.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 06:40:39 pm »
Setting defaults for the options selected is a great idea. I've added that to the TODO list.

Thanks,
Angelo

Robin

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 10:51:50 am »
The "return from posting" fault has gone!

I guess that they must have fixed it.

Many thanks for your help.

Robin.