Author Topic: Audio Player Image Not Appearing as of Update 6-26-13  (Read 1547 times)

RWPeck

Audio Player Image Not Appearing as of Update 6-26-13
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:40:36 pm »
I updated PowerPress late last night and as of today (6-26-13) the custom icon that I had set for the HTML5 player does not appear. In Firefox there is a generic text "Play" link (which works) and in Chrome there is just a place holder where the graphic should be. I checked the link for the graphic and it works. I switched to Flow Player and it showed up and worked in both Firefox and Chrome, but not in IE. I switched to "Simple Flash MP3 Player" and got the same results - text link in FF, graphic place holder in Chrome and nothing in IE. I just switched to "One Pixel Out" player and it works in all three browsers. Will leave it there for now.

RWPeck

Re: Audio Player Image Not Appearing as of Update 6-26-13
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 07:41:14 am »
Oh my, I must apologize for hurling false accusations and insinuating that PowerPress may have been to blame. Last night I visited my testing and development site (on a sub domain) to do some work and noticed the player icon was working on that site. I've got both sites fully updated and running all the same plugins, but the player icons worked on the test site and not on the main site. I checked everything I could think of and finally just tried replacing the main site database with a backup from a few days ago and now the player icons are back. Despite my best efforts to protect my main site by hurling all the abusive testing at the test site, it ended up being the main site that broke while the test site keep working.

Again, my apology for besmirching the the good name of PowerPress ;)