Author Topic: Wordpress Themes recommended for podcasting?  (Read 2535 times)

djpaine

Wordpress Themes recommended for podcasting?
« on: March 17, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »
Hey there podcasters! ;D
i would love some solid recommendations for great wordpress themes that play nice with podcasting!
paid or unpaid, whatever!
what do you recommend???
THANKS!

Prepper Podcast

Re: Wordpress Themes recommended for podcasting?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:06 pm »
To be honest, I don't think it matters on the theme.

But what is the theme of your blog? Ours is news related, so we have a news theme from Gabfire.

djpaine

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 12:09:20 am »
on my main podcast www.blackmarketphoto.com - i just use crunch from automatic - works great, but i have three new sites and podcasts going up over the next month! They are all Q and A audio podcasts and i want something that looks professional and easy to read! suggestions welcome! :)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:28:20 am »
This doesn't just apply for podcasting, but I recommend a good "Responsive" theme that meets accessibility standards with 2 columns, one for content and the other for the sidebar.

Reasons:
* Content is king, so keep your sidebar to a minimum.
* Responsive theme means you no longer need to worry about providing a mobile version of your site.
* Accessible sites not only help those who are visually impaired, but they also happen to be perfect for SEO.

Audio podcasts and regular blog themes work great.

Video podcasts though can take advantage to having a custom theme developed specifically for what you're trying to distribute. Check out the www.tpn.tv theme we custom made for that site, it features a heading across the top of the 4 most recent video episodes with their poster artwork.

djpaine

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:51:25 pm »
Thanks angelo! appreciate the insights!