Author Topic: Auto Post new Podcast capabilities?  (Read 3129 times)

mafflerbach

Auto Post new Podcast capabilities?
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:55:53 am »
I spent some time searching around the forums here and looked elsewhere on Wordpress help sites, so forgive me if I am dense and this is obvious somewhere else.....  I am looking for a way to Autopost a Podcast to my Powerpress-capable Wordpress blog.  We are a radio station with a live daily local show from 4-6 PM.  I can use a number of programs like Totalrecorder, etc. to record the audio and set up 2 separate 1-hour MP3s, tagged and ready to go.  I can use a number of FTP mirroring or upload programs to then transfer those MP3s to my website.  BUT, what I'd like to do is to have Powerpress autopost those Podcasts upon arrival of the MP3s into a designated folder, say, using the ID3 info as a super-basic Podcast post.  (My strategy is to then have the Show Host go back later in the evening or early the next morning and enter the Wordpress site and edit up the description and make it more robust after the fact).

Is there a good (easy) way to get this done?  Am I risking anything with the iTunes, etc. integration by going back and editing the post after the fact?

So far I am very impressed with the Powerpress Wordpress integration, so if someone can point me in the right direction for this project, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Mike Afflerbach

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Auto Post new Podcast capabilities?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 07:44:39 pm »
Nothing exists as of current, would be a great add-on plugin though.