Author Topic: starting over with an established podcast  (Read 714 times)

coffeeblack

starting over with an established podcast
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:05:25 pm »
Hi all,

I have been hosting and publishing a weekly podcast for 5 years using QuickBlogcast by Godaddy which is just an awful platform.  I am moving the site over to wordpress and plan on using the blubrry plugin, but I have a ton of questions. Godaddy is hosting my new wordpress site.

My plan is to publish new episodes while uploading episodes from our archives.

1. How do I create a new rss feed for my podcast? (I ask because I did not have to do this with QuickBlogcast). Or will my wordpress site do this?

2. Using Blubrry and wordpress, can I re-upload past episodes and date them back to when they were originally posted? In other words, can I arrange them in the order I want on the rss feed so that iTunes, Sticher, TuneIn, etc. see the episodes in the order I want. I ask because I want to post several new episode and several archived episodes a month but I want the older episodes to appear earlier in the iTunes feed.

3. Can anyone recommend a "how to" guide for how to podcast on wordpress? The info on the wordpress site seems vague and I am looking for some handholding.

4. iTunes support says there is way to trasnfer my subscribers when switch feeds. The link they gave me is: http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html#changing

Does anyone know if this actually works?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.