Author Topic: i WANT TO BE ABLE TO PODCAST ON MY PAGE  (Read 1094 times)

ikechiawazie

i WANT TO BE ABLE TO PODCAST ON MY PAGE
« on: July 01, 2012, 02:12:18 pm »
I have researched and discovered that i cannot use blubrry to podcast on my page. I created a page on my blog called resource and i created a table because i wanted to add sermons by date and type of service with the audio file for those who would want to download. I need some advice to know how blubrry can be able to podcast my page as i will be updating the page from time to time.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: i WANT TO BE ABLE TO PODCAST ON MY PAGE
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 05:30:09 pm »
You can use powerpress' players on a wordpress PAGE (as opposed to a post) but the file will not be included in a podcast RSS feed.

To put a player on a page, use the powerpress shortcode (see: http://help.blubrry.com/blubrry-powerpress/shortcode/ )

If you want the files to be available via RSS feed (and itunes and such) you need to put them in a post (one episode at a time).

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: i WANT TO BE ABLE TO PODCAST ON MY PAGE
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 09:43:48 pm »
A podcast and a blog are one in the same, the only difference is media. So think of it this way; write a blog post + attach a media file = a podcast episode.

Pages are not syndicated, it's neither blogging or podcasting. Hope this makes sense.