Author Topic: Summary & Content Fields Switched  (Read 6071 times)

forevernoob

Summary & Content Fields Switched
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:31:37 am »
I just signed up our podcast this week and I noticed that when Blubrry imported our episodes, the Summary and Content fields are switched. We're using WordPress 2.5.1 and podPress for our home site (www.SmarterByTheMinute.com). Blubrry's Summary field should be WordPress' Excerpt field. Is there any way to switch the Blubrry fields without having to manually edit all 141 episodes?

forevernoob

Re: Summary & Content Fields Switched
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 09:17:03 am »
Lots of views and no replies. Is this the level of support I can always look forward to with Blubrry? My e-mail to support also has been ignored.

Rob Safuto

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:30:36 am »
I don't have any guidance as far as you being able to get a response out of Todd or Angelo but I think I see the reason why the system is picking your content up the way it is.

You feed has the full content within the <itunes:summary> tag while the excerpt is contained in the <description> tag. So the blubrry system is probably coded to show the itunes summary as the excerpt and the description as the content beyond the more link.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:44:40 am »
I'll have Angelo get with you on this. We have been slammed here by internal projects sorry we have not been able to respond sooner.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 12:23:37 pm »
The bug is on our development TODO list, expect the problem to be addressed within the next 2 weeks.