Author Topic: Podserve tried to charge us $1000!  (Read 4021 times)

Cinemaguy

Podserve tried to charge us $1000!
« on: May 18, 2008, 03:07:44 pm »
As a member of Blubrry and part now of their Advertising deal, we wanted to add the redirect code to our RSS feed—so we can track our show. So we contacted Podserve Big in Japan (the host where our RSS feed is) if they can add this redirect to their system. At first they say that they couldn’t do it, but then they were like “oh, we can do it but we are going to charge you $1000 dollars.” We couldn’t believe it.
We want to keep Podserve because our popularity (changing to a new RSS feed would be bad for our long time listeners who have already subscribed). Does anybody know what to do next? I want to monitor our numbers but they just won’t let us (or charge us that much).

Thank you
JP

Todd

• Administrator
Re: Podserve tried to charge us $1000!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 03:04:32 am »
JP

This is a tough one and ironically I had a dialouge with them on Friday probably because of your issue as they called me. I don't see a short term solution but maybe we can get something worked out with them..

Todd..

Cinemaguy

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »
Thank you for your response.
We really don't understand why is the big issue. If you have any insights or ideas, please PM me.

*Thank you :)

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 06:06:39 am »
The simply are not supporting the code anymore and have not touched it in nearly 18 months. Which could be causing you issues with iTunes etc as they have changed a lot of specs...