Author Topic: Embed player in Facebook  (Read 16150 times)

nbumpercar

Embed player in Facebook
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »
I would love - love - love to be able to embed a podcast player onto my Facebook wall when I make new episodes ... It would make it much easier to promote my show - and - people could listen to it without having to leave Facebook and go allllll the way over to my site ...

I did see that you can share episodes - but - that is just a thumbnail with a link - - and I'm looking for a player.

I've seen that Podpress and a couple of other places have something that does this ... but - I'd love to do it through Blubrry - so that I can properly keep up with my stats - and not spread listens around multiple platforms.

Anyone have any idea as to how to do this or - if this is in the pipeline? If not - then - any idea of a good service/good way to get this done?!

Thanks a bajillion!

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Embed player in Facebook
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:37 am »
What is this called in PodPress? I don't see anything that puts players in Facebook.

Typically with Facebook all you need to do is make sure in your blog post content you put a link to the media, and then Facebook adds their own player in place of the media URL. That may be what you are observing.

One option you can do in PowerPress is provide embeds to each episode. Go to "PowerPress settings" > "Media Appearnce" tab and for the section titled "Media Links"  check the option "Display Player Embed Link". There is a sub-option you may also want to check, do testing and see if it does what you want.

nbumpercar

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:01:14 pm »
Oops ... I think that I said PodPress when I may have meant Pod-o-Matic ... sorry about that ...

I tried every iteration of having the "Display Player Embed Link" and the sub-option checked - and - wasn't able to get an embedded player working ...

I think that you can also do it through SoundCloud ... but - I'm trying to keep it all on Powerpress ...

Here is a page on Facebook where you can see several podcasts that have been embedded into posts:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2205307160/

Here is what it says on the Pod-o-Matic site:

Our newly designed Facebook player, featuring a stylish animated equalizer, soundprint timeline, and a link to your podcast, now appears any time you post a link to your (or someone else's) podcast on Facebook.

Here is the link:

http://www.podomatic.com/help/article/21

Any ideas??

Thanks for helping!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 10:44:03 am »
The players you are seeing on that facebook page are just plain old links to mp3 files.  Facebook will add the player.

Another thing that I use on facebook is an app called "RSS Graffiti"  It will watch your feed and post your episode whenever a new one comes out.

-Mike

Michael Dell
Tech Support, RawVoice Inc.
p:1.877.729.8642
twitter: mgdell
gtalk: mgdell

nbumpercar

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:29 am »
Thanks a bunch, Mike.

I have used RSS Graffiti - and really like it ... Initially - I was only able to get it to post to either my fan page or my normal wall - but - I just looked at the settings - and - now - I can post to both pages - and - it'll even pull my Tweets in ... Imagine how much more I'll be able to annoy people now!!

As to linking to the mp3 files (because there are a couple of groups where I'd like to drop a player) -- what would I need to append onto the link to the mp3 file for it to get counted in with my Blubrry stats?

For instance if the mp3 is at http://www.nattybumpercar.com/folder/episode_1.mp3 --- what would I need to add to tie it into Blubrry?

Thanks a bunch - some more!!

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 02:44:36 pm »
Just put your redirect URL in there manually....  http://media.blubrry.com/your_key_word/example.com/your_media_file.mp3

That should track the downloads / plays just fine.

-Mike

nbumpercar

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 11:47:54 am »
By George ... It totally worked!

Thanks a ton for your help.

You get a golden star.

Hooray!

nbumpercar

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 06:27:19 pm »
Just put your redirect URL in there manually....  http://media.blubrry.com/your_key_word/example.com/your_media_file.mp3

That should track the downloads / plays just fine.

-Mike

I'm so sorry to come back to this forum with a question - especially since I got everything working awhile ago - but - what is the "your_key_word" that is listed in your URL? I've tried several things - and - haven't been able to figure out what that would be ...

Thanks - again - and again - and again.

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 01:27:01 pm »
The part of the URL "media.blubrry.com/your_key_word/" is if you are using blubrry's media stats.  You can just put the URL to your media if you don't use our stats.

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 06:50:37 pm »
Sign into your blubrry account, go to manage account, then select media statistics. In the stats system, click 'Getting Started' and read that page. You need to implement one of the sets of instructions on that page to correctly implement your redirect URL for your program on your web site. The complete redirect URL (including the keyword) for your specific podcast will be at the top of this getting started page.

nbumpercar

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 10:26:47 am »
Angelo ... Thanks 10 bajillion!!

That was the most answeriest answer that I've ever had answered.

Hooray.

Charlie Yi

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 10:10:46 am »
Hey Guys,

So the automatic player that Facebook would put in? Facebook has stopped it.  So that doesn't work any more.

As for an embeded player, other podcast carriers do have it:

Podbean: https://apps.facebook.com/podbean/

Libsyn: the Wizzard player - https://apps.facebook.com/libsynfb/

So are you guys making one?

If not, please let me know.  RSS Graffiti is really nothing more than a convenient cross poster.  It is NOT an embeded player for Facebook.

I would have to say that Facebook App integration is crucial.  I have a new podcast and Facebook and Twitter accounts for 90% of my listeners at this point.  Since pushing the podcast on Facebook (just two days ago) the number of listenders I have now have SKYROCKETED!

So an embeded player or Facebook app is very important.

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:26:29 am by Charlie Yi »

nbumpercar

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 09:38:51 am »
Hey Charlie ...

I was wondering if you had any experience with either of the app alternatives that you posted?

I looked into them - but wasn't sure if you had any more insite?

I really - really - really want to be able to easily cross post my podcast between different social media platforms (Facebook and Google +) - as well as my site ...

OR - if anyone else has any other ideas -- pretty please let me know.

Thanks!

- N.Bumpercar