Author Topic: podcasts empty in itunes  (Read 4504 times)

styler

podcasts empty in itunes
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:48:27 pm »
Hoping this is an ok place to post this...

Normally when I do a search in itunes for my podcast I have no problem.  But I just did a recent search and all of a sudden all of my podcasts are missing.  It says I have zero items.  Any thoughts on this?

I have been loving this plugins BTW!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: podcasts empty in itunes
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 07:47:48 am »
Send me your feed address and website address and I will take a look.

mike [at] Rawvoice.com

-Mike

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 07:36:02 am »
You have no media files in your feed.  Are you putting the media URL's in the podcast episode boxes in your posts?

-Mike

styler

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:29:24 pm »
Yes, I copy and paste the media url from my Amazon S3 into the podcast episode media url box in my posts.  I then click verify and it is verified successfully.

I had no problem a few weeks ago, all of my podcast posts were showing up in itunes, now all of a sudden they don't.

styler

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 05:15:20 pm »
Mike,

I just checked my "podcast feed"; http://theinnergameofgaydating.com/feed/podcast/?wpmfeedkey=1;ec4c8e2de8067b1b6c44309605df0748

...and it does have media files

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 06:33:11 pm »
You need to contact Apple and confirm what the FEED URL is that they are pulling for your podcast. We used to be able to check this with the Podcast Ping, but Apple took this feature down so we're unable to help you with that now, only Apple.com can tell you why your episodes aren't appearing on iTunes. Mike can reply with a URL how to contact them.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 06:39:40 pm »
I do have a hunch that it has to do with that junk added to the feed URL. Question is, what URL did you submit to iTunes:

http://theinnergameofgaydating.com/feed/podcast/?wpmfeedkey=1;ec4c8e2de8067b1b6c44309605df0748
or
http://theinnergameofgaydating.com/feed/podcast/

If it was http://theinnergameofgaydating.com/feed/podcast/, if you look closely it doesn't have media. I'm not exactly sure what ?wpmfeedkey=xyz is, I've never seen that before, my only guess is some poorly designed caching plugin added it.

One other note, if you are using Wish List Member plugin,it by default removes enclosures, assuming you don't want the public to access your media. That wpmfeedkey may be from that plugin, I don't know.

styler

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 06:33:06 pm »
Angelo,

I actually added wishlist plugin around the same time I started having this problem...I bet that is it.  Do you happen to know if there is a work around or if I actually would need to remove WL?

Thanks so much

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 11:04:17 am »
We developed a fix to more aggressively add the enclosure media to the feed, but we haven't been able to confirm it fixes the problem. We believe the WishList member folks got wind of us working on a solution and thus revoked our license copy to WishList member before we were able to finish testing that our solution fixed the problem.

Just add the following near the top of your wp-config.php, then see if it fixes your feeds. We would greatly appreciate it if you could reply if it works or not.

Code: [Select]
define('POWERPRESS_ENCLOSURE_FIX', true);
To explain, PowerPress will then check to make sure the enclosure is in the feed. If it's not, PowerPress re-adds it. By default WordPress adds the media enclosure (not PowerPress) and from our testing WishList member plugin removes enclosures unless you're a member to the blog by design. So our solution goes against what WishList member is intended to do, but we believe this is what most podcasters intend to do, offer both a free and paid versions of their media to their listeners.

styler

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 01:04:38 pm »
Thanks Angelo...

Unfortunately the extent of WP programming skills is pretty limited (I don't even know what or where to find wp-config.php) and I don't have the resources to hire a programmer...that's the great thing about using WP but these types of challenges are unfortunately inevitable.

If you are willing to use me as a guinea pig to see if your code works I don't mind giving you access to the WP dashboard...but I also respect your time and understand if you decline.

Let me know,

styler

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »
Well first, I don't need access to your dashboard. I need access to your wp-config.php. IF you ever need to restore a WordPress install, you need to be familiar with how to edit your wp-config.php.

If you're willing to refer to some instructions how to edit your wp-config.php file, please email me at cio [at] rawvoice.com.

styler

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:22 pm »
Ok thanks...

I'll send you an email from styler at cpofa dot com

From Spencer Tyler (styler)