Author Topic: FEATURE REQUEST: Sorting on Stats  (Read 6205 times)

PodcastMike

FEATURE REQUEST: Sorting on Stats
« on: August 09, 2007, 02:26:15 pm »
I realize this is still in development, but it would be nice to offer a couple choices on sorting. I for one would like to be able to sort by show versus just by # of downloads.

Todd

• Administrator
Re: FEATURE REQUEST: Sorting on Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:11:29 am »
Its not sorting by number of downloads the listing are newest to oldest? If you added the redirect to all of your shows at once it will probably not appear sorted until you start adding on more shows

PodcastMike

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:25:27 am »
Okay, that makes sense.

On the summary report, is there supposed to be one record for each file? I have two show 5s and two show 12s on the report.

rawvoicemarketing

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 08:40:57 am »
Actually, there can be more than one record for each file. If the file names are different, even slightly, we will track them separately.

I think this is a good feature as I am using it to track my FLV streams separately from my M4V downloads on videos. I am editing the labels to make the episodes more recognizable.

PodcastMike

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 08:49:22 am »
There isn't two MHD-0005.mp3 files or MHD-0012.mp3 files. I realize the unique file names... but these are exactly the same.

rawvoicemarketing

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 10:18:06 am »
We will gather stats on each media file based on the entire string of the url, not just the media file name. So I took a look at the stats for your show and found that for those shows that are duplicated there are two different strings pointing to that file.

One string has a single / before the file name. And another has two // before the file name.

Looking at the episode on Blubrry [http://www.blubrry.com/programs/1660/mikeshotdish/109654/mikes-hotdish-12-to-the-victims-of-the-i35w-accident/] I can see that the enclosure file has a pair of slashes before the file name.

I would be willing to bet that somewhere that file is being accessed with the url that only has a single slash. What you can do for now is simply delete the episodes in the stats system that you consider to be duplicates. I'm not sure why you have the double slashes before the file name in the first place but the fact that this file can be accessed with a single or double slash before the file name is surely the issue here.

PodcastMike

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 10:48:36 am »
Ah... slight misconfiguration of PodPress. I didn't catch that. Thanks!

For documentation, I had a slash (/) at the end of the "URI of media files directory" apparently, Podpress automatically adds that.

Okay, everything is making sense now. Like I said, programmer mind working and not understanding how it works. Thanks for all of the help.

rawvoicemarketing

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 08:30:37 pm »
Its good to figure out these things out. I can point them out when I do a video tutorial including how to get set up with PodPress.