Author Topic: One more item for discussion  (Read 1876 times)

Edgy Podcast Reviews

One more item for discussion
« on: March 25, 2010, 10:31:26 pm »
I love visiting Blubrry's Forum  ;) when I actually have time to read and write new comments. Just a quick question/rant... We all need iTunes and the program has been vital in the growth of podcasts. A gripe that may be me simply doing something incorrect is searching for my podcast in iTunes.

The name of our podcast Edgy Podcast Reviews comes up really quick in the Search feature in iTunes. However, when I search for podcast reviews (along with numerous variations of the terms) our podcast never is shown in the listings. We have been podcasting and reviewing podcasts since 2007. The keywords, programs description, etc. all include what should provide iTunes with many hooks to catch this simple combination of words.

I have been trying since 2007 and have never had success. Am I really missing something that big?

Thanks all. I feel better.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: One more item for discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 12:18:49 am »
The iTunes search is very strange. I haven't figured it out either.  I'm thinking that "podcast reviews" may be a bit generic of a term but I don't know.  What else comes up when you type "podcast reviews" in iTunes?  (I would check myself, but itunes is blocked here at work)

-Mike

Edgy Podcast Reviews

Re: One more item for discussion
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 08:42:54 pm »
Thank you Michael for responding. To answer your question; some of the podcasts listed under "podcast reviews" range from Digital Photography, Cycling, Genealogy, Erotic Awakening, etc. Genres from Music, Aviation, Fitness. What is strange is many of the podcast we have reviewed are listed despite being applicable. I do not know if any one can make sense of it. I had been trying to get in under the category of "Podcast about Podcasting" before iTunes changed their listings and no longer offer the category. Many of the podcasts that do come before us are much newer (or have pod-faded). Ratings from listeners (stars) given a podcast do not seem to influence the listings. Mostly, we have many more votes and comments in comparison.

Any other suggestions for keywords beside "podcast reviews"?

Thanks for any other assistance or clues others may offer.