Author Topic: How does a guy (podcast) get in on some advertising action  (Read 14062 times)

indieradiochattanooga

How does a guy (podcast) get in on some advertising action
« on: July 10, 2007, 10:07:31 pm »
Me and my podcast http://www.indieradiochattanooga.com want to get in on some advertising,please please please!!!
Jimi Lee
indieradiochattanooga@gmail.com

2GuysTalking

Re: How does a guy (podcast) get in on some advertising action
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 11:59:48 pm »
I visited your website and you've got a lot of great tools there.

I tried Skyping you there and I didn't get a response.  Touch base via my email address when you get this or the Skype messages and let's chat!

Thanks!

sureideas

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 11:09:29 am »
That’s an excellent question that I think deserves its own post and discussion.

Good Points! Let’s keep this conversation going and perhaps we can move towards more effective and creative ways to moentize your podcast while remaining relevant and adding value to not only your advertisers but, your listeners!

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 12:14:32 am »
There are multiple components on how you can get in on buys.

1st We have a number of CPA buys you can jump in anytime.

2nd You have to have a complete advertising survey and it has to have been updated within 90 days.

3rd You should be using our free stats service.

4th We have to have a advertiser willing to advertise in your show

A lot of variables but if you are doing 1-3 you stand a better chance of getting in a buy. We always look at shows in current buys first because we have a track record with the shows. We also look at your website, check your content, see how consistent you publish your podcast, see if you are doing the fundamentals correct. Example: Show notes that are more than a paragraph, links to content you talk about in your show, a easy to fine email address on your website. A voice mail caller hotline where people can call in to your show.  We also look at those podcasters that are blogging on non podcast days this shows us you are keeping your audiences engaged at least 5 days a week.

Things that are negatives - only doing 1 show every two weeks, not releasing podcast on a set schedule, non branded websites, bad rss feeds or worse yet only having the itunes button on your page. Currently Zune Marketplace is seing huge subscription rates. Not having a standard RSS feed on your website that those using other applications can subscribe to.

This is just a few of the things we look at when considering offering a podcast an ad deal. If your doing those things correctly you can likely be counted on to execute the ad campaigns well.

goodwill221

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 03:55:32 am »
I would hope that a podcaster would look beyond Google "AudSense" to monetize his podcast. I would also hope that a company would look beyond  Google for ways to market themselves in the new/social media space. Granted, Google is in a place to provide a trusted, quick and scalable solution.

Radiohawthorne

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 12:12:06 pm »
There are multiple components on how you can get in on buys.

1st We have a number of CPA buys you can jump in anytime.

2nd You have to have a complete advertising survey and it has to have been updated within 90 days.

3rd You should be using our free stats service.

4th We have to have a advertiser willing to advertise in your show

A lot of variables but if you are doing 1-3 you stand a better chance of getting in a buy. We always look at shows in current buys first because we have a track record with the shows. We also look at your website, check your content, see how consistent you publish your podcast, see if you are doing the fundamentals correct. Example: Show notes that are more than a paragraph, links to content you talk about in your show, a easy to fine email address on your website. A voice mail caller hotline where people can call in to your show.  We also look at those podcasters that are blogging on non podcast days this shows us you are keeping your audiences engaged at least 5 days a week.

Things that are negatives - only doing 1 show every two weeks, not releasing podcast on a set schedule, non branded websites, bad rss feeds or worse yet only having the itunes button on your page. Currently Zune Marketplace is seing huge subscription rates. Not having a standard RSS feed on your website that those using other applications can subscribe to.

This is just a few of the things we look at when considering offering a podcast an ad deal. If your doing those things correctly you can likely be counted on to execute the ad campaigns well.

I've had an advertising survey for at least a couple of years, and  I've been keeping it updated.  I'm pretty sure I have all of my other ducks in line, so to speak.   I've requested CPA buys, but no luck.  I would really like to get in on some advertising for my show, and I KNOW my listeners would respond to offeres from such companies as Best Buy, fo example, and I also know my show generates listener loyalty.  However, it seems to me that companies aren't biting because they may presume (I think wrongly) that advertising on my show wouldn't work.  How can I figure otu what's really going on, and how can I finally see some changes?  My show: The Spiral Dance - here on Blubrry, also at www.thespiraldance.weebly.com.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:39:55 pm »
If you have requested CPA buys and have not heard back please re-submit the application. I do not show any applications having been sent by your show. You can email them to content@rawvoice.com or ceo@rawvoice.com

Radiohawthorne

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 04:09:30 pm »
If you have requested CPA buys and have not heard back please re-submit the application. I do not show any applications having been sent by your show. You can email them to content@rawvoice.com or ceo@rawvoice.com
I've also tried to get in on the Affiliates offer, and have written to affiliates@rawvoice.com and have heard nothing.  So I just keep submitting?  How often?  Day after day?  Week after week?  Seriously, how do I get somebody to talk with me?

Edgy Podcast Reviews

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 10:12:21 pm »
Radiohawthorne. I do not want to come off as being condescending. I do not have ads in our podcast either. However, if you look at the current companies involved in most ad-buys you will notice that Best Buy is not normally among them.

Podcasting for years and still not being able to monetize from your show is frustrating. Currently, the economy is not the best for getting the best ad dollars. Also, you will want to continue in growing your audience to even a larger size while keeping their listener loyalty.

Finally, advertisers know they can pay very little regarding online advertisement including using podcasts. Podcasting is so fragmented that you need a large and active audience to make yourself distinguishable thus being marketable to make some cash.

I am simply commenting and acknowledging the desire of wanting to monetize. Hopefully there will be better economic days ahead and a greater understanding of podcasting in mainstream markets. Until then keep trying and casting.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 10:43:07 pm »
We have very small shows making very good money on CPA buys, little shows do not make a lot on CPM buys its just the nature of the beast. I feel the CPM rates that we have been presenting are decent. The economy is making it a buyers market. Jan 1 2009 saw a major reset in ad rates.

If folks continue to have trouble getting on a affiliate buy email content@rawvoice.com directly, we will double check the affiliates@rawvoice.com email account.

patrick24601

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 08:53:29 pm »
Old thread bump - does anybody have an advertising survey sample?

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 11:58:07 pm »
You can take our survey for Rawvoice / Blubrry by logging into your blubrry.com account and under "make money" we have the survey to take. 

-Mike

lhastings

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 08:28:21 am »
I think the only way you could get advertisements for your podcast is to get noticed. I mean, there should be a good number of people who frequent your podcast so that you could attract advertisers.  It would also be beneficial if you focus on a specific topic so that related products you be your very best bet. 

It is a very tough climb to play against the big guys but it sure is attainable.

podcastcoach

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2012, 07:34:00 am »
I talk about this in my book More Podcast Money, but ONE of the ways you can make money with your podcast is through affiliate marketing. The key is to find a product that yoru audience would buy (as you only get paid when they purchase - its online commission sales). I do a weight loss podcast and every time someone orders a Fitbit, I earn $12. I was promoting the Total Gym system, but only sold one in a year's time ($75 commission). ON the other hand I promote other products that are around $15 and earn 1 or two bucks a sale, but I make a sale every day. Quit waiting for your sponsor, go make one. You can hear the episode about affiliate marketing on the "More Podcast Money" podcast Here.