Author Topic: Extend shortcode to include Open in new window and Download links  (Read 4228 times)

jkirkwood

Hi,
It would be great if the shortcode [[powerpress url="..."]] had some way of including the 'Open in new window' and 'Download' links (as specified in the 'Appearance' tab), like they appear when the player is at the top or bottom of the post.
Perhaps [[powerpress url="..." links="1"]] ?

Any chance, or some sort of coding that might help me out?
Many thanks,
John

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Extend shortcode to include Open in new window and Download links
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 09:32:29 am »
John,

It sort of works that way if you just put "[powerpress]" where you want it to go and use the media URL in the post template.  If you use the [powerpress url=xxx], this is just for media you don't want to include in a podcast feed.  Is that the case?

Anyway, I'm sure Angelo will look at this ( I will point it out to him)  and we will see if it's something we can add in the future.

-Mike

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 12:08:12 pm »
I've added this to the TODO list. Due to its complexity, it will most likely be added in PowerPress 2.0 rather than as a bug fix in 1.0 series.

franzdave

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:08:58 am »
thankz for the info.. ::)
 <URL REMOVED>
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 10:29:21 am by angelo »

pwayboy

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 12:41:41 am »
+1

Really looking forward to this feature. It was the sole reason I tried the PowerPress plugin.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 08:37:27 am »
Well part of the problem is due to the fact that since the information is not added from a PowerPress widget, we don't have the media filesize or duration information that is also included with the download and play in new window links. It's on the TODO list, but it's rather complicated.