Author Topic: Powerpress 1.0.3 bug?  (Read 3153 times)

boyatheart

Powerpress 1.0.3 bug?
« on: December 12, 2009, 01:35:50 am »
When creating a post Ifound that the url would not verify, just hag there with the rotating flash thingy.

After going through everything I discovered that it was happening only when Wordpress Stats plugin was enabled.

Seeing as WP Stats is a WP designed plugin I guess this could be defined as a Powerpress bug.

I find WP stats to be worth using as well as the Blubrry stats.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Powerpress 1.0.3 bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 12:49:34 pm »
The "WP Stats" plugin is actually not developed by Automattic but by Lester 'GaMerZ' Chan. The plugin made by Automattic (company behind WordPress.com and WordPress.org open source versions) is called "WordPress.com Stats". There is also another one called "WP-Stats-Dashboard". I need to know specifically which WordPress Statistics plugin you are referring to.

So we know which plugin you want us to test, please go to the Plugins section of your WordPress admin, find the plugin you are using and reply with both the Name and Version number that you see. If you see at the end of the description a By name, please include the name of the plugin author as well in your reply.

boyatheart

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 06:22:18 pm »
Hi Angelo,

Thanks for the reply. Here is the information requested.

WordPress.com Stats     

Tracks views, post/page views, referrers, and clicks. Requires a WordPress.com API key.

Version 1.5.4 | By Andy Skelton | Visit plugin site

Thanks.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 12:00:32 pm »
I've installed the "WordPress.com Stats" plugin and did a number of tests and was unable to replicate the problem. I also reviewed the WordPress.com Stats plugin source code and did not see any could that could conflict with the verify ajax action that PowerPress performs. The problem could have been a fluke or could be specific to the version of WordPress or PHP your server is using.

Can you re-enable the WordPress.com Stats plugin and then try the Verify button with the following URL?

http://media.blubrry.com/blubrry/content.blubrry.com/blubrry/FlowPlayerClassic.mp3

If the verify function still does not work with the WordPress.com Stats plugin enabled, please go to the PowerPress menu > Tools page and click the "Diagnose Your PowerPress Installation" link found at the bottom. Under the Email results option near the bottom of this page, please enter my email address and click 'Send Results'. My Email: cio [at] rawvoice.com.

The diagnostic report will give me specifics such as your version of WordPress and PHP installed, which will help me better setup a similar test environment.

boyatheart

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 09:34:41 am »
Hi Angelo,
Sorry for the delayed response.

After a lot of testing, activating and deactivating plugins it appears to be a combination of two that are causing this problem.

Wordpress.com Stats and Wordpress Database Backup.

Details from PLugin list below:
WordPress.com Stats     

Tracks views, post/page views, referrers, and clicks. Requires a WordPress.com API key.

Deactivate | Edit
   Version 1.6 | By Andy Skelton | Visit plugin site
   WordPress Database Backup    

On-demand backup of your WordPress database. Navigate to Tools → Backup to get started.

Deactivate | Edit
   Version 2.2.2 | By Austin Matzko | Visit plugin site

If either one of these are activated while the other is deactivated then there is no problem, but as soon as they are both active then the problem arises.

The workaround is that it is fine to deactivate the backup plugin while I create a new post, so it's not the end of the world.

Doesn't really point toit being a Powerpress bug rather than a php conflict somewhere.

I'll keep investigating to see if I can find anything more "enlightening" about this.

Thanks.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 02:10:30 pm »
Please keep us posted.

boyatheart

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 09:12:53 pm »
Will do.

Thanks for your assistance by the way.