Author Topic: Need for a new forum area  (Read 4886 times)

SinisterPurpose

Need for a new forum area
« on: May 18, 2007, 10:14:34 am »
We need a forum thread devoted to the discussion of networking techniques among podcasters. With podcasting, we have the opportunity to speak directly to anyone with an internet connection. Yet, podcasting is still in its infancy. Most listeners are also podcasters or some other tech savvy species. We need to reach beyond the people-who-get-most-of-their-entertainment-from-the-internet demographics. We need to broaden the listenership of podcasting beyond these limitations. We need the "podcast" recognized and widely used as "blog".

And we need a place to talk about how to do that.

Is anyone listening at Blubrry?

rawvoicemarketing

Re: Need for a new forum area
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 10:57:32 am »
I think the area for discussion of network techniques currently is "The Business of Podcasting" section. I hesitate to add a new section just for podcaster networking tips only because we've had some feedback that we may have too many sections of our forums. I will keep an eye on how things develop and make changes if we need to though.

We need to reach beyond the people-who-get-most-of-their-entertainment-from-the-internet demographics. We need to broaden the listenership of podcasting beyond these limitations. We need the "podcast" recognized and widely used as "blog".

You are correct in that statement. We are working on many great enhancements to the Blubrry platform that we believe will open up podcasting to more of the masses. The feedback of the current podcasting community helps a lot. And that's one of the reasons why we started this forum area.

We are listening  ;)

Yuzzy

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:19:22 pm »
Dude... if only you knew how much I share the same opinion than you on this one. We are so META. Podcasts needs to get out of the computer, out of this limited range of "podcaster to podcaster"

Sometimes I feel there is no passive audience. I am pretty confident that this will change. But we have a lot of dirty work to do. One way is to make this thing more simpler. My grandmother doesn't know how to copy and paste the RSS feed code into her aggregator. We also have to make this thing come out of the computer box. I'm not talking about transfering your music and podcast on your mp3 device. What I mean is ways to subscribe and listen on the spot on your TV, radio... in your bedroom, bathroom, garage, car... anywhere.

If only the new AppleTV thing can work good enough... this combined with iTunes is a small step toward what the world should be in the future of podcasting and Media On Demand...

Or maybe I'm wrong and that was not what you wanted to talk about at all... LOL

SinisterPurpose

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:29:46 pm »
Now we're clicking.

Todd

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 12:46:15 am »
Blubrry is a community for listeners and while podcasters hang out here the website was built primarily for audience members to find and consumer content. So many of the other sites are places where only podcasters hang. I would rather this forum be full of listeners asking questions. Only those of you in the community can help your listeners know their is a resource for them.

The sooner we focus our attention on the listeners the better off everyone will be via increased subscription numbers to your shows.