Author Topic: Video not displaying correctly when it first loads on page  (Read 4309 times)

stanw

Video not displaying correctly when it first loads on page
« on: November 28, 2009, 11:20:23 pm »
I am trying to embed h.264 video through this plugin on my WordPress page. When the page loads, it displays the blubrry logo in the video player and the video is displaying much smaller than it should. When I select play, it scales to the correct size and starts playing.

1. How do i get it to display a still image of my choice instead of the blubrry logo?
2. How do I get it to display at the actual size of the video when it first loads?

Thanks!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Video not displaying correctly when it first loads on page
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 09:14:51 am »
I can help with your #1 question.

In the PowerPress control panel in wordpress, hit the Appearance tab.  On that page you will see video size.  Type in the video size and hit Save Settings at the bottom.  That should resize the window to your video size.

As for a photo or still showing up Check this thread: http://forum.blubrry.com/index.php/topic,780

Also check out this page: http://help.blubrry.com/blubrry-powerpress/advanced-tweaks/

Let me know if that helps!

-Mike

stanw

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:57:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I have my dimensions configured there, though it is still not displaying properly onLoad. The user has to click the video and then it resizes to the correct size.

stanw

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 03:08:04 am »
The video is encoded at 640 x 320 and I have this also set in the player options though it just will not load at this size. I am posting a link if you are willing to look. http://tiny.cc/RkGqu

stanw

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 07:32:19 pm »
I just checked the source code for the Word Press page I am embedding these videos on and the size being shown is not the same size of the video or the size I specified in the PowerPress settings. It is showing:

'PowerPressPlayer','toolbar=0,status=0,resizable=1,width=360,height=320');

The video i am embedding is 640 x 320. i have tried this on my primary domain and on a subdomain with two different installs of a Wordpress site with the same problem. Any ideas what might be causing it or how to resolve it?

Thanks.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 12:10:10 am »
IF your video is in quicktime (m4v,mp4,mov), and yoru video width is 640 and height is 320, then your PowerPress video width setting should be 640 and your PowerPress video height should be 320. Since PowerPress uses the Quicktime <embed> tag (so Quicktime is embedded in the page),you must use a 1:1 or larger ratio for the screen area. To clarify, a width setting of 360 is smaller than your actual video's width of 640. For some reason Quicktime will not play video smaller than its defined width.