Author Topic: Using the iTunes New Feed  (Read 2919 times)

podcastcoach

Using the iTunes New Feed
« on: September 15, 2009, 10:57:16 pm »
Angelo and crew,
I've used this tag before and it went smooth as a breeze. I am editing the wp-config.php file. Here is the "define" section with the new feed tag at the bottom

define('AUTH_KEY', 'f7sXx[2wbB@LBwlxS{A56y>+sMBhPPTesFfkXz iq\\Ms}?(;_a#ypoR5\'3w<G5>FL~1X');
define('SECURE_AUTH_KEY', '-\"r642fed3E1d>}MdGFlh@tR!QPU%/!S_6;CjO0}^>6TsMBhPPTesFfk+ <?)3 U#*X;');
define('LOGGED_IN_KEY', 'Q^l\"6-pLsMBhPPTesFfk\zkw>OG<U$%u0:9H:Jl)+d$~jIBTt&CPL[Dp<KY4zL3y');
define('NONCE_KEY', 'asdasdjkasdjksMBhPPTesFfkjklasdjklasdkl&^%^&*(&*(jklasdjklasdjkl&*)))');
define(’POWERPRESS_NEW_FEED_URL’, ‘http://feeds.feedburner.com/greenroompodcast’);

When I submit and tell it to ping iTunes I get
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/butman/public_html/wp-config.php on line 49

The only ":" I see is in http:// and you need the ":" am I missing something?

Dave Jackson
www.schoolofpodcasting.com

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Using the iTunes New Feed
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 12:07:25 am »
It's all in the type of quotes used, the blog will danage them but you can only use double or single quotes, the forward and back tilted quotes will give the errors that you're having.

Code: [Select]
’ and ‘ = bad
" or ' = good

By the way, the POWERPRESS_NEW_FEED_URL setting in the wp-config is no longer used, instead you can set the iTunes new feed URL setting directly in the PowerPress Feed Settings page.

podcastcoach

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:48:10 pm »
I see where you can put the feed. How do you tell iTunes this is a "new" feed, or does it just automatically assume whatever is in that filed should be updated?

Dave

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:24:24 pm »
This field adds the <itunes:new-feed-url> to the top of your RSS feed, which is how iTunes whats you to tell them where the new feed URL is.

Remember, you need to put the new feed URL setting in the old feed, not the new feed.