Author Topic: PowerPress 0.9.8 and Wordpress 2.6.2 -- undefined print_column_headers  (Read 2979 times)

robert

Hi,
I am using Wordpress 2.6.2.  I installed PowerPress 0.9.8.
I selected advanced mode and then went to the Tools panel.
I was able to import my PodPress settings.  But, when I went
to import my PodPress episodes I got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function print_column_headers() in /home/transom/public_html/wp/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/powerpressadmin-podpress.php on line 352

I confirmed that the function print_column_headers() is present
in the wp-admin/includes/template.php files in Wordpress 2.8.4.
But, it is missing from template.php in Wordpress 2.6.2.

I'd like to upgrade my Wordpress to 2.8.4.  But, I am currently
using PodPress which is not supported in 2.8.4.  So, the first
step of my upgrade plan is to replace PodPress with PowerPress.

I'm comfortable coding in PHP.  Is there some tweaking I could do
so that PowerPress 0.9.8 will work with Wordpress 2.6.2?

Thank you,
Robert

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: PowerPress 0.9.8 and Wordpress 2.6.2 -- undefined print_column_headers
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:46:21 pm »
There's no need to import PodPress data, what you can do is use the option in the Basic Settings of PowerPress, second option titled PodPress Episodes, and select "include in posts and feeds". You can convert PodPress data to the WordPress enclosure format either after you have WordPress 2.8.4 installed or if you're happy with the way things are, you never have to import the PodPress data.

I'm looking into the error you reported with the function, it may be that a file was not uploaded in your WordPress installation. Navigate to all the other pages in the admin area such as the Posts, Comments, Pages, etc... pages and make sure you do not receive the same error message. I'm doing testing on my older copy of WordPress to see if I can duplicate the problem as well.

robert

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 04:53:48 pm »
Hi,
I ended up doing a two-step upgrade process where I first upgraded to WP 2.7.1 and then replaced PodPress with PowerPress.  That worked well.

I don't think any files are missing.  I think print_column_headers() is included in template.php in recent releases of Wordpress but that it was not part of WP 2.6.2.

Thank you,
Robert

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:39:12 pm »
Okay, I've duplicated the issue with WordPress 2.6.x series. You are correct, the function is not available in older version of WordPress. I'm working on fixing this problem for the next release.